We’re working hard over Christmas to keep you and your family safe, but there are steps you can take to help us.
When you’re out shopping
- Stay alert and be aware of what’s going on around you.
- Keep valuables in inside pockets of clothing or bags.
- Only carry the cash and cards that you need. Always shield the PIN pad when entering your PIN.
- Avoid going back to your car to leave your shopping part-way through your trip. If you have to keep presents in the car, make sure they are out of view in the boot, the car is locked, and keep the receipts with you.
- Deter pickpockets and muggers. Don’t overburden yourself with bags/packages. Be extra careful with purses and wallets. Always carry a purse close to your body and not dangling by the straps. Put a wallet in an inside coat or front trouser pocket, likewise with your phone and keys.
- Shopping with children? Make sure they learn to go to a store attendant or security guard if you get separated.
- Never leave your bag unattended on your trolley whilst shopping and don’t leave it in your vehicle when returning your trolley.
Never keep large amounts of cash at home.
- Make sure you keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
- Keys should always be kept out of sight and not left in doors or in view of windows.
- Make your house look occupied, use a timer switch to operate lamps as it starts to get dark, leave a radio on.
- Don’t open the door to anybody you don’t recognise. Not sure? Don’t open the door!
If you need to reply regarding this message, click on this email address: email@example.com
Community Engagement Officer