The Boulton & Paul Aircraft factory was built in Bilbrook in the 1930’s and had a massive impact on the village with around 600 skilled employees moving from Norwich to Bilbrook. The defiant plane that was built in Bilbrook is seen on the Parish Logo, the war memorial and various heritage signs throughout the Parish.
The company underwent a number of name changes and in 2009 was sold to Moog Inc. who have moved to new premises at the I54 business park which is still within the Civil Parish of Bilbrook. The original factory also had a Boulton Paul Museum dedicated to Boulton Paul aircraft and the traditional methods used to manufacture aircraft. The museum closed when Moog took over and the aircraft moved to the Royal Air Force Museum, Cosford.